Designing and building a great website is a highly specialised skill
You’ll often see a small business with what we call “the brother-in-law site” – where a relative or close friend who’s “in IT” has put together the site. While their efforts are no doubt appreciated (and rewarded with a bottle of something special), to build a website which is inviting and usable, and which presents the information about your business in a way that is designed for the needs of your users, you need a professional web designer.
The staff at Fernbrook have been working on internet sites for over 15 years. In web terms, that’s a long time. When you engage us to build your website, we won’t simply ask “what do you want?” We’ll ask what your customers want, and who they are, so we can build a site which delivers to them what they are looking for, in turn bringing you a greater rate of sales, leads or bookings. We’ll ask what your competitors are doing, and what you do and don’t like about their . We’ll ask what your competitors are doing, and what you do and don’t like about their website. We want your site to be a dynamic, living representation of your business which will actually help you grow.
Fernbrook will tailor the design to your branding guidelines, while focussing on accessibility and usability. At Fernbrook, we think it doesn’t matter if your site wins multiple design awards if your clients can’t quickly find the information they need or buy the product they want. Form follows function on the web, as it does in all other design.
Our experience includes:
- “Brochure-ware” sites to provide information about your products and services
- Paypal integration for small online shops with only a few products
- Major online retail with several hundred products using a fully featured e-commerce application
- Industries as diverse as automotive accessories, children’s books, engineering firms, leading restaurants, accountants, multinational corporations… and astrologers!
- Content management systems which allow our clients to maintain their own content
- Custom web-based application development
- Flash-based sites that use animation to convey complex concepts.
Whatever you need to do on the web,
we can make it real for you.